If 82 per cent of a nation agree with it who are we to deny it? Should they become a democracy, we can't deny them that. I think it's disgusting personally, but I don't live in Egypt, if those bills were passed democratically who would I be to deny them?
Sorry, I don't object that what they want is wrong, but that is not tyranny
tyranny (ˈtɪrənɪ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
— n , pl -nies
1. a. government by a tyrant or tyrants; despotism
b. similarly oppressive and unjust government by more than one person
2. arbitrary, unreasonable, or despotic behaviour or use of authority: the teacher's tyranny
3. any harsh discipline or oppression: the tyranny of the clock
4. a political unit ruled by a tyrant
5. (esp in ancient Greece) government by a usurper
6. a tyrannical act
It could be definition 3. Harsh discipline, but it is not oppression if it is a majority asking for it.