Login | Register

Nerd Paradise

Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?
The Forum > Hobbies and Stuff > Doctor Who, Anyone?
Page: < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 ... 53 54 55 Next >
Eccleston actually quit because he didn't like the way they were doing production. I read an article about it.
And actually, didn't 11 say that he could regenerate hundreds of times?

I also enjoy the fact that the Doctor could potentially be female, thanks to the End of Times
[Quote] [Link]
In one of the old old episodes it said he only had 13....

From wikipedia:

"The BBC's Series 4 FAQ[9] suggests that now the Time Lord social order has been destroyed, the Doctor may be able to circumvent the limit on regenerations; it says: "Now that his people are gone, who knows? Time Lords used to have 13 lives." In Death of the Doctor (a 2010 The Sarah Jane Adventures serial), the Eleventh Doctor responds to a question from Clyde Langer by saying he can regenerate "507" times. Early news reports, before the episode was broadcast, suggested he would say there is no limit to the number of regenerations.[10] Writer Russell T Davies explained in an interview with SFX that the line was not intended to be taken seriously and is instead a commentary. He insisted that the "thirteen lives" rule was too deeply entrenched in the viewer consciousness for his throwaway line to affect it.[11]"

They'll probably come up with some clever way to say, Oh, hey, looky here! I still have more regenerations and it makes sense-ish.
[Quote] [Link]
Ah, that makes sense.
[Quote] [Link]
In some regeneration of his, a few of my friends and I think that the Doctor should be a female, and ginger.
[Quote] [Link]
AHH! T.T Rose just betrayed The Doctor. I am heartbroken. Annd the movie player has frozen up. Lovely.
[Quote] [Link]
Does anyone know if Jenny (The Doctor's Daughter) is coming back? :D And who the heck is River Song?!?!?! I'm so confuzled by her! :/
[Quote] [Link]
For some reason I am watching this show very... slowly. I started watching the first season back when I first got netflix (which is around 1-2 months ago) and I am now only on the 3 episode of the second season. Hmm, need to finish up season 3 of Doc Martin too...
[Quote] [Link]
Does anyone know if Jenny (The Doctor's Daughter) is coming back?

I find it hard to believe they'd completely abandon a character with so much potential, but she hasn't made a second appearance yet. IMDb lists a Jenny in episode 7 of the forthcoming season, but the actress is different, so it may be a different character.

And who the heck is River Song?!?!?! I'm so confuzled by her! :/

She's supposed to be a mystery at this point.
[Quote] [Link]
They kind of have to change the actress, seeing as David Tennant knocked up the first one.
[Quote] [Link]
Haha, you didn't know that?
Also, fun fact, Jenny is the real daughter of the 5th doctor
That is some weird not-really incest going on right there.
[Quote] [Link]
Fake incest, really weird. Even for Doctor Who.
[Quote] [Link]
Does anyone know if Jenny (The Doctor's Daughter) is coming back?

Don't quote me on this, but I think they were going to do a spin off series with Jenny, but they weren't sure about it or something, and so they made it so they could do it if enough interest was shown, but it wouldn't look too silly if they didn't follow up.

Hehe, first time using the quote thing. I'm so proud...unless it doesn't work, in that case, I'm bitterly disappointed.
[Quote] [Link]
I had been thinking Jenny would fit Torchwood quite well.

As for the 13 lives thing, I had always assumed that it was a rule imposed by the Time Lords themselves rather than a biological limit - they granted the Master a 'new cycle' of regenerations, did they not?
So maybe with Gallifrey gone, the Doctor can just ignore the limit and regenerate as many times as he wants.
[Quote] [Link]
amgirl said:
They kind of have to change the actress, seeing as David Tennant knocked up the first one.

Oh craaaap XD i didnt know that
[Quote] [Link]
Fortunately, there's already an established mechanism for changing actors/actresses.
[Quote] [Link]
eofpi said:
Fortunately, there's already an established mechanism for changing actors/actresses.

It seems as though we have all forgotten the fact that Jenny can also regenerate.
[Quote] [Link]
Doctor Who Red Nose special, for anyone who is interested
http://blogs.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2011/03/18/watch-doctor-who-returns-with-delightful-comic-relief-video/
[Quote] [Link]
EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee April 23rd cannot come fast enough for me.
[Quote] [Link]
amgirl said:
Doctor Who Red Nose special, for anyone who is interested
http://blogs.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2011/03/18/watch-doctor-who-returns-with-delightful-comic-relief-video/

hehehehehehehe...
[Quote] [Link]
Rose just died. Oh, wow.
Hup. Nope. No, she didn't.
[Quote] [Link]
April Fool's, most likely.
[Quote] [Link]
Or Never may have watched an episode where it looks like Rose dies but she doesn't.
[Quote] [Link]
Such as the finales of both season 1 and season 2, perhaps.
[Quote] [Link]
Page: < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 ... 53 54 55 Next >
The Forum > Hobbies and Stuff > Doctor Who, Anyone?
Current Date: 14 Vigeo 5:2Current Time: 19.16.82Join us in IRC...
Server: irc.esper.net
Channel: #nerdparadise
Your IP: 54.81.77.93Browser: UnknownBrowser Version: 0