This reminds me of the Microsoft Puzzle Hunt. The first rule of Microsoft Puzzle Hunt is to find a way that the problem may possibly be concealing an encoding of the alphabet. That in mind, here are a few things I have noticed:
- Backgrounds excluded, there are only 10 colors.
- Colors tend to occur in pairs. Note that there are no odd-width background gaps nor are there any sequence of stripes that occur in odd numbers. This makes me want to think of each pair of stripes as one unit.
- After pairing them, I notice that NO single pair of stripes starts with any color other than black, brown or red.
- Because there is an even 10 colors, this makes me think of digits
- Could this be an encoding of numbers that correspond to the alphabet? Perhaps black, red, and brown are (in no particular order) 0, 1, and 2? And the stripes after it is another number? If there are 26 letters, then there is no need for a starting digit of 3 through 9, thus explaining this.
- Each row starts with black+white. Not sure what to make of that.
- The gaps occur roughly where spaces would occur in normal english text. Also, gaps are never larger than 1 pair.
The only thing throwing me off here is the fact that this reasoning would imply that there are several different 1-letter-words.
I'll keep toying with this and see what I can figure out.
EDIT: this is painfully slow, but I got "ico m e aft e r blue" out of the first line. I can kind of see a "come", "after", and "blue" in it, but I'm still churning.
ico m e aft e r blue
i a m befor e b l ue
iam t h e first one
i comeb efore g reen
i amb e hin d green
After moving spaces around and following the rules it's specified, I get this:
Yeah, I don't know. The colors in the background would imply "24657" as the answer which doesn't really mean anything to me.
090113 20 08 05 0609181920 151405
01 01 13 0205061518 05 02 12 2105
09 0315130501 0506151805 07 18050514
090315 13 05 010620 05 18 02122105
09 011302 05 080914 04 0718050514
EDIT4: The only part of this puzzle that has had no significance so far is the spaces. Being that it is way too complicated to trans-code another message into another aspect of significance (the color bands), then the only remaining part of significance is the spacing. I'll wager the colors are insignificant from this point on.
As such, here is what the stripes in order look like:
xxxxxx xx xx xx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
xx xx xx xxxxxxxxxx xx xx xx xxxx
xx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx xx xx xxxxxx xx xx xxxxxxxx
xx xxxxxx xx xxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxx
And here is what the negative of that looks like:
xxxx xx xx xx xx xx xxxxx
xxxxxxx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
xx xx xx xx xxxxxxx
x xx xx xx xx xx xx xxxxxx
xxx xx xx xx xx xx xxxxxx