Login | Register

Nerd Paradise

a2 = b2 + c2 - 2bc * cos(θ)
The Forum > Technology > Windows Login Screen
I'm working on a computer that used to be part of a domain, and required the ctrl-alt-del login sequence. I want to change it back to the default login screen used by windows 7, which shows the user accounts available. I've gotten rid of the domain login, and the ctrl-alt-del sequence, but it still requires the user to type in the username and password. Anyone know how to reset this?
[Quote] [Link]
Like reset as in you don't know the username and password and need to bypass it?
[Quote] [Link]
Unset the user's password?
[Quote] [Link]
So you want to go from this to this?

Your first link didn't work for me, but your second link is what I'm trying to achieve.
[Quote] [Link]
coincidentally, I just read this the other day.
[Quote] [Link]
I think (for the sake of explanation) He's saying he wants to have his computer not show this when trying to log in.
ctrl-alt-del-logon.jpg
[Quote] [Link]
Though I cannot speak for Osmonde, he did state in his original post that he did get rid of the ctrl+alt+del message required for login. I believe he is trying to get past the necessity of typing in a username and password. I would recommend using Bond's suggestions.
[Quote] [Link]
I got rid of the ctrl-alt-del message, but I still can't rid of the screen requiring the USERNAME and password. I don't need to bypass anything, just switch the login screen, to the one mentioned earlier, that shows the available accounts.
[Quote] [Link]
I've done some digging, and besides doing what you've already done, I have no clue how to get it the rest of the way. Um, Can you get a hold of a Windows 7 install disk?
[Quote] [Link]
Or this perhaps?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/61650-log-user-name-password.html

The post above me looks like it only removes ctrl+alt+del (aka secure logon), which was already resolved.
[Quote] [Link]
It's fixed now, although I'm not sure how. Somebody else working on it (was a computer in electronics class) found the solution. Some hidden windows setting accessed with the run dialog. I'm not sure what it was, but it's fixed now.
[Quote] [Link]
The Forum > Technology > Windows Login Screen
Current Date: 14 Cresco 5:2Current Time: 9.76.8Join us in IRC...
Server: irc.esper.net
Channel: #nerdparadise
Your IP: 54.83.230.137Browser: UnknownBrowser Version: 0