Login | Register
Nerd ParadiseArtisanal tutorials since 1999
I finally got my hands on a new L5P Duramax and let me tell you, this thing is a beast! I've got a big camping trip coming up and the trailer I'm eyeing weighs in at almost the max towing capacity for the truck. On one hand, I'm confident the L5P can handle it with ease. But on the other hand, I don't want to push my luck or overload the truck.

Anyone have experience towing near the L5P's limits? Any tips or advice for safe towing with a heavy load? Should I play it safe and go for a lighter trailer, or can the L5P handle it without breaking a sweat?

Having recently installed an lp5 duramax on my truck, I can attest to the significant performance improvements it brings. The power and fuel efficiency gains are remarkable, and the elimination of the DPF system reduces maintenance headaches and costly regenerations. For me, the benefits outweigh any potential drawbacks. However, it's crucial to acknowledge the legal and warranty implications before making the decision. Overall, if you're prepared for the trade-offs and prioritize performance, the DPF delete option is worth considering.

DPF deletions increase harmful emissions. Depending on where you live, this could be a major concern, especially with stricter regulations coming into play.

Forum > General Discussion > L5P Duramax - Confidence or Overconfidence?